[eta: Started at 11:35am…]
Going to update this entry as things happen, to save your Friends page. Just click refresh every once in a while!
1. I forgot to buy a paper. Anyone willing to share? I’ll pay, of course!
2. I also need a copy of the concert from Sunday. Will take from any given source. YouTube isn’t one of them.
3. “Hey, hey, Bye Bye!” is just cold. Not saying it ain’t deserved, but still…
4. I can’t stop smiling. Can’t say when I felt like that last.
5. I was afraid when I heard the start of the invocation, but it was well thought out and far more inclusive than I was afraid would be the case.
6. Aretha Franklin ROCKS. And the hat is freaking AWESOME!
7. Just got chills from listening to the musicians playing after Biden’s swearing in. We’re halfway there…
8. The musical blending… amazing. Yo Yo Ma was a joy to watch.
But here’s the thing. In the end he was human and fluffed his line, and he STILL managed to kick Bush’s ass up one street and down the next.
I thought Bush was going to cough up a hairball when he described the importance of the Constitution.
And to all the things I have heard so far today I can say Amen and mean it.
The crowd is immense. And I have lived to see this day.
It isn’t all fixed, but we’re on the way now.
9. At 12:56pm, EST, we pruned our American garden by one Bush. And the crowd broke out in “Hey, hey, Bye Bye!” again. [eta: This was just the helicopter flying him to Andrews. The plane actually took off at 2:01pm or thereabouts. I had it in my head to post but I had pizza in my hands at the time.]
They’re on the way to
lunch sign the first official documents right now and we can all breathe a little easier.
10. The signing of the official documents strikes me as awfully similar to an orthodox wedding.
11. Wiki and Google have both failed me. I can’t find actual information about the John Williams composition, and the speech isn’t online yet.
Lunch is here. Time for a break. Back after pizza…
12. “Today would be a good day to commit a crime…anywhere else…” sayeth BS. In response to my observation that there’s a cop every two feet down the parade route on both sides of the street. Sheesh!
13. Pat Robertson likes him. Hey, Mikey!
14. The end of the nukular era, for now. Just realized! (and I’m not alone. BS just showed me something similar mere moments ago.
15. Senator Kennedy removed by stretcher from the luncheon. I have a bad feeling about this… (2:43pm) It would REALLY suck if something bad happened today in the midst of this event.
16. I really REALLY want to see DF in the parade but I need to leave here soon and the parade hasn’t started yet.
17. Oh. AND Senator Byrd. This doesn’t look good for either one of them.
I need to leave now, and will sign off until I get to a location where I can watch the parade. Hoping to catch all of it, but it’s all in the timing. Hoping I don’t hear bad things on the radio before I get home…
See you soon!
And we’re back…
Retrieval achieved, our new connection is less lovely than we had at JP’s but I’m in my own place now and I’ve finally finished backing up my laptop so I can do one really big thing while I’m sitting here watching the show, and then get other stuff done.
Parade’s just getting to the review stand. Glad I didn’t wait.
(You’ll notice I’ve picked up with a new post. Decided two couldn’t kill folks.)
More after the computer finishes updating…